Call the SC Arson Hotline at 1-800-92-ARSON
This page provides information on South Carolina's Arson Program and what you can do to help reduce the problem. Every year, BILLIONS of your insurance dollars go to pay for fires that are intentionally set. The money paid out by insurance companies is passed back to you, the consumer, in the form of higher premiums. This page will highlight information on arson throughout South Carolina.
If you suspect arson, please call 1-800-92-ARSON. Many arson cases have rewards for information leading to a conviction. If you suspect arson, please don't hesitate to call.
- The South Carolina Arson Hotline (1-800-92-ARSON, or 1-800-922-7766) is a statewide, toll free number, available 24-hours a day, for reporting information about suspicious fires.
- Callers can remain anonymous. If a tip helps solve a case, the caller is eligible for a reward.
- All Hotline information is immediately forwarded to fire and police officials in the jurisdiction where the fire took place.
- At the request of local authorities, the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) Arson Team will assist with arson investigations.
- The Arson Hotline program is a joint effort of SLED and the insurance industry, which estimates that 25 cents of every dollar spent on home, apartment and business insurance goes to pay for arson.
- The Arson Hotline (1-800-92-ARSON), and all publicity and promotional materials, are funded by the South Carolina Insurance News Service, a non-profit insurance organization.
- Arson Hotline rewards are paid by the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of South Carolina. Since 1991, rewards have been paid in Aiken County, Clinton, Columbia, Dillon County, Gaffney, Hemingway, Lake City, Scranton, Laurens County, North Myrtle Beach and Lancaster.
- Arson Hotline yard signs, posters, cards and bumper stickers are available FREE from the South Carolina Insurance News Service.
For more information about the Arson Hotline, call or write:
SC Insurance News Service
1301 Gervais Street, #715
Columbia, S.C. 29201